1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

95 Dodge Dakota problems please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:49 PM
branbarn25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 95 Dodge Dakota problems please help

So other day stop at a store came out truck wouldn't start just click click changed start charged the battery fired right up, starter was bad. then my turn signals stop working dash lights dimed radio cut in and out then it stop working got of the road took it out of gear and truck died. then i replaced the alternator and it started an ran for a few then started cutting out and died. I've fixed the comen splice problem, coil, crankshaft sensor with in the last year. all signs pointed to the alternator even took positive off battery and it died right away. now i have no clue to what the problem might be.

Last edited by branbarn25; 02-07-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 PM
go-part
Former Vendor

Have you checked all of your fuses and relays?

Old 02-21-2013, 06:22 PM
bran1har
Rookie

Check for burned contacts in e power distribution center. Take a look in the service man and trace your circuits with a test light or logic probe (I recommend a logic probe). You can download the manual in the FAQ.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:28 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

DON'T disconnect the battery to test an alternator if it has a computer; the spike created fould fry a computer; that said any time you haver reason to disconnect battery aways do neg first (or "only") with neg connected if pos only (or first) is undone you will almost always get a spark which is itself a "spike" that can screw somethin up

Quick Reply: 95 Dodge Dakota problems please help