1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Its Raining!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 05:21 PM
jnich4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Its Raining!

So about 2 years ago I had my engine replaced. Along with a lot of other things done on my truck (things that were over my head at the time). One of those things was replacing a cracked windshield. Well it leaks. It has since it was done. But never enough to make me fix it. It is one little tiny spot right at the drivers seat, top. What can I do to seal it? I mean, I could guess, but I want to do it right. And right now I don't have the time or energy to run to town to ask and get the stuff. I am wondering if we have it here. I will have to go to town to hopefully get a new tail light at some point. But for now, and since they are expecting a ton of rain, maybe we have something in the shop.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:47 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when my 93 was leaking around the windshield, i ended up just siliconing all around the inside of the windshield(i was 18 at the time so i did some pretty stupid stuff) and it worked. but now that i'm a little bit older (a little bit wiser) i had a shop come out to replace my windshield(swapped cabs) and all was fine...till the cab shifted on me during a 30mph turn and the windshield cracked...

but i digress, you can replace that weatherstripping piece around the outside of the windshield or do what i did and silicone the inside of the windshield or have a shop reseal it or someone else might chime in with a better idea.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:42 AM
jnich4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I think I will see about the weather stripping. The bad storm came through last night so my seat may be a little wet right now. Luckily we don't have to go anywhere today. I think we have silicon in the shop. I am kicking myself for not taking it back to the shop right away. Now we are 900 miles away.

Originally Posted by shadowthedakota
when my 93 was leaking around the windshield, i ended up just siliconing all around the inside of the windshield(i was 18 at the time so i did some pretty stupid stuff) and it worked. but now that i'm a little bit older (a little bit wiser) i had a shop come out to replace my windshield(swapped cabs) and all was fine...till the cab shifted on me during a 30mph turn and the windshield cracked...

but i digress, you can replace that weatherstripping piece around the outside of the windshield or do what i did and silicone the inside of the windshield or have a shop reseal it or someone else might chime in with a better idea.

Quick Reply: Its Raining!