1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Question on supports above headliner

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:55 PM
greg7637
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on supports above headliner

Does anyone have a picture or diagram of the inside of the roof panel above the liner? I want to install a overhead console and was hoping to do it without taking out the head liner. so I need to know if there is anywhere to screw into? This would be on a 1996 Dakota

Last edited by greg7637; 09-08-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: couldnt wait any more took my headliner out
Old 08-26-2013, 10:59 PM
daksnbeers
Professional

reg cab or extended?? the more info on an original post the faster we can give you solid feed back however I happen to have my headliner insulation out on my ext cab and can take a pic and post it for you in the morning. I still think you will have to pull your headliner out to wire it correctly without having to have hanging wires.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:41 PM
greg7637
Amateur
Default Headliner issue

Originally Posted by daksnbeers
reg cab or extended?? the more info on an original post the faster we can give you solid feed back however I happen to have my headliner insulation out on my ext cab and can take a pic and post it for you in the morning. I still think you will have to pull your headliner out to wire it correctly without having to have hanging wires.
Yup right on 96dakota slt with ext cab , wiring is not an issue as I have the trim out but not the headliner, so can run wire up the post inside the trim, can you take a pic with a tape measure and give me the dimensions back from the fronot above mirror and towards the front from the dome light also a side to side would be awesome, thanks for the quick reply
Gary

Old 08-28-2013, 10:54 AM
daksnbeers
Professional

Yeah I can do that right away sorry I didn't do it yesterday. My sister went into labor and I had to drive her to the hospital as her husband was at work and I was closer to her house.

Don't know where my digital camera is at the moment so will try to take pics with my phone and upload it to my comp and so on. Last time I tried that I had trouble posting cause my phone wouldn't compress the file before putting it on my comp.

Last edited by daksnbeers; 08-28-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:10 PM
greg7637
Amateur
Default Couldnt wait anymore took my headliner out

Originally Posted by daksnbeers
Yeah I can do that right away sorry I didn't do it yesterday. My sister went into labor and I had to drive her to the hospital as her husband was at work and I was closer to her house.

Don't know where my digital camera is at the moment so will try to take pics with my phone and upload it to my comp and so on. Last time I tried that I had trouble posting cause my phone wouldn't compress the file before putting it on my comp.
Good Luck to your sister!!! Congratulations UNCLE DAKSNBEERS
Thanks for the come back I will wait for your pictures and measurements appreciate all the help
Thanks Again
Gary

Last edited by greg7637; 09-08-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: no longer needed

Quick Reply: Question on supports above headliner