1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

92 part confirmation

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Bryce V. Fowler
Rookie
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 92 part confirmation

Hey guys, been a while. Been trying to get some parts together for the Dak since I've been out of state for about a year. I had to steal this picture from another thread because this part literally snapped at the base when I had my truck towed so this will be the first to get redone when I get back home. I think this is the part I need, Transfer Case; Extension. There's a blowup image with that part listed as #14. Just need a confirmation that'll be the right one.

DSCN0346.jpg?t=1254702389

Next I'm going to need to tear apart the power steering, since some little punk got in under my hood and dumped a bunch of bird seed into the liquid, blowing the pump right out. I already have a donor pump, but any parts that hold liquid will probably need to be flushed and/or replaced. What parts are connected to the power steering line?

Putting together a list and checking it twice! Thanks for any help. I'd go check it all myself but I'm sort of 1000 miles away.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:30 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks about the power steering. some punks tried to put hotdog buns in the tank of my idi. needless to say it all got filtered out before the motor and all I had to do was change the filter and refill the tank

Old 12-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Bryce V. Fowler
Rookie
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, the worst part is I have a good reason to believe it was a family member of mine. They should be paying for the repairs, but I only spent 500 to get the truck so I was rather hesitant. A buddy of mine has got a donor truck, and I do eventually want to upgrade to the V8. It would be a lot easier doing the steering without an engine in there! lol.

Quick Reply: 92 part confirmation