1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 front end lifts on take off

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 11:44 AM
druski
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 front end lifts on take off

Hi guys had a ? about my 93 when I come to a stop at a light and then go to take off, the front driver side lifts up and makes a thud sound I'm not really sure what to make of it, I replaced the front shocks thinking this would help because they need too be done (floats on the freeway) I was thinking motor mount but when in neutral I rev the engine and no thud, could it be a transmission mount? She has the 318 with flow master exhaust and k and n intake any suggestions or advice is appreciated thanks

Old 12-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Bryce V. Fowler
Rookie
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would jack that side up and see if there's anything that's disconnected. If you press down on the hood that might help you narrow it down too.

Did it thud before you changed the fronts?

Old 12-12-2013, 12:36 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats from the torque. it means you dont have enough power...lol jk. sounds like a trans mount or engine mount like ya said or you could have something loose in the front end.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:37 PM
1996daksport4x4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the thump sound happen when you go around a corner because it sounds to me like a roll bar end.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:22 PM
RockGuardedDak
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To properly check the motor mount without looking at it, put the truck in drive with your foot on the brake and try to do a quick brake stand and release. Have someone watch to see how much the motor moves when you do this. Even have him or her watch the motor mount to see if it moves too much. I had a broken motor mount on my 3.9 and it did the exact same thing. There's a safety catch in there to keep the motor from jumping out that clunks pretty loud when it hits.

Quick Reply: 93 front end lifts on take off