1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1995 - Inside door panel removal (manual windows/locks)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 08:21 PM
DukeDomB
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RockAuto seems to have aftermarket replacement panels available from Coverlay.

These most likely will not be an exact color match and very well could deviate somewhat from the form and fit of the OEM panel, but if yours are really clapped out, it could be worth looking into.

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/mor...876&cc=1087523

Old 05-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Slamfire

Thanks for the reference, I am glad to see that replacment panels are available.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Ohio Digger

Well I finally got my door panel off my passenger door. The problem was my door was stuck shut so I had to pull the panel off with the door still closed. I pulled that off an managed to open the door. I have 2 very nice rust free southern doors that I'd like to put on. What is the easiest way to get these doors off? It looks like you have to take the front fenders off to get to the 3 bolts that hold each hinge assembly on to the body of the truck. I thought there was going to be pins that could be removed from the hinge but I'm not seeing any way for those pins to come out. Any ideas? The replacement doors have the entire hinge assembly as well.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:46 AM
onemore94dak
Champion
Received 134 Likes on 126 Posts

The only idea I have is to go to a body shop and ask them how to do it and what to look for.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Slamfire

I have been considering replacing my door hinges. OEM door hinge pins have to be sawed off as they are swaged at the ends. If you notice replacement pins have an E clip on bottom.

According to my Dodge manual there are five or six electrical connectors in the door that have to be disconnected. I have power windows, power mirror, a speaker, etc. I am in the process of building a cradle from 2 X 4's, a 36" long 4 X 4 and used carpet which will be held up by a hydraulic jack. This cradle will support the door.

The Dodge manual says to drill out the rivets holding the hinges to the door and replace with 1/4-20 bolts.

Quick Reply: 1995 - Inside door panel removal (manual windows/locks)