1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

pre filters and moving stock air intake hose.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 01:53 PM
daksnbeers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pre filters and moving stock air intake hose.

I recently found a mud hole about 5 minutes up the road from my house and have been frequently hanging out there. I don't play with my truck a whole lot out there but the trails lea
ding in are nothing but florida sugar sand.I just replaced my air filter a few weeks ago and already need another. Due to the stock air intake hose being in the grille it just sucks it up like nothing when driving through it.

The only pre filters I can seem to find are for after market cone filters and slip directly onto the filter. Is there something i can make or some type of pre filter for our stock Intake?

My second thought was redirecting the hose to the fender and blocking off the hole in the grille so it doesn't suck sand in.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:58 AM
onemore94dak
Champion
Received 134 Likes on 126 Posts

I don't know of after market filters but I thought you might be able to buy one of those dust filters for furnace intakes or in the duct work of a building and cut it into the right shape to fit your intake hose up near the grill. I think they only cost a few dollars.

Quick Reply: pre filters and moving stock air intake hose.