1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

My Rocker Arms Are Not In Order... What Do I Do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Dakotr95
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation My Rocker Arms Are Not In Order... What Do I Do?

Hey guys,

I am ready to install my heads. But as I was disassembling the rocker arms, I didn't correctly placed the rockers in the order they were taken off.

What I am wondering is if this could cause any danger? Do I have something to worry about? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 10-10-2014, 04:03 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

it might. but if you put lube on the parts you should be fine. on the LA engines the rocker arms have a dent for the push rod that is off set. making a right and left arm, four for each head. each cyl gets a left and right. both small blocks and big block. but if a small block is one way does not mean a big block is the same. but you must be careful when mounting them. it looks like the magnum engines dont have the off set push rod dents.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Dakotr95
Amateur

Originally Posted by moe7404
it might. but if you put lube on the parts you should be fine. on the LA engines the rocker arms have a dent for the push rod that is off set. making a right and left arm, four for each head. each cyl gets a left and right. both small blocks and big block. but if a small block is one way does not mean a big block is the same. but you must be careful when mounting them. it looks like the magnum engines dont have the off set push rod dents.
Thanks for the help. I have a 95 Dakota 3.9L V6 Magnum, and they don't seem to have any dents on the push rods. They are also the same size and length. What kind of lube do you suggest for the rockers?

Old 10-10-2014, 08:36 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

for ALL internal engine parts use permatex ultra slick engine assy lube #81950. 4 oz. it is red in color, very sticky I.E thick. any good parts house should have it. it doesnt take much. to do a complete engine get 2 bottles. but if you are careful you might not need but one.

Quick Reply: My Rocker Arms Are Not In Order... What Do I Do?