1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Fual pump issue? Need help please...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 08:31 AM
96dakotaowner
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fual pump issue? Need help please...

All,

It has been a while. Here is my latest. I was driving home yesterday and I took off from a stop sign and it just died. I do not appear to be getting any spark. It was long over due, so I changed the rotor, rotor cap and ignition coil. Upon further investigation, I pulled the fuel line running to the injectors, turned on the ignition and no fuel being pushed through. I just changed the fuel pump about 2 yrs ago. I am thinking this is the issue, but that is a lot of work if it isn't the case. One odd thing that happen, when I turn the key forward (sat all night, not warm), the fan turns on (never happen before). Anyone know if this is some type of symptom? Getting ready to pull the bed again and chance the fuel pump (dreading this, and a bit expensive).
Spec's: 96 Dakota, 4 cylinder, OHV, 270,000 miles (never changed the oil pump). Any help would be appreciated!!!! Thanks all!

Old 05-03-2015, 09:53 AM
96dakotaowner
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Share the knowledge....

All,

As you could see be my previous post, I really didn't want to pull the bed again for the fuel pump.

FIX ACTION: 30AMP AUTO SHUT DOWN fuse

Symptoms: 1. Truck just shut down (already fixed the known solder joint issue, years ago). 2. It would turn over and not even attempt to start (she always starts right away). 3. Turn the key on, no fuel from the fuel line. 4. Fan turns on and stays on when cold.

Hopefully this helps someone and saves a bunch of work. I owe it to you all, helped me plenty of times!!!

Take care all.

Quick Reply: Fual pump issue? Need help please...