1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

32 code?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 04:41 PM
fluidp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 code?

Hi all, new to this forum, just working on a friends truck. 93 Dakota 5.2l. he said it will stall after warmed up. drive for a few miles and stalls out, just like the ign switch was turned off. wait 15 or 20 and starts again.
So we dragged it up to my shop, put a new batt in it and checked fluids etc and it started right up. no engine light on yet. let it warm up for 10 min and took it for a drive. 2 miles the the engine light came on and shortly after it died. wait one min and it started, drove 1/4 mile and it died again. this time it didn't start again. walked home and got a tow vehicle and towed it back to shop. still no start... puled the code 32.. egr valve.
disconnected the batt and turned ign key and waited a few seconds ( I read somewhere that cleared codes). hooked up batt and it started.
my ?? is will the 32 code cause it to die? or should I be looking at something else...maybe the PU coil??
any suggestions would be appreciated

Old 02-02-2016, 09:04 PM
fluidp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After doing some research I determined that the code was because there is no muffler on truck at this time, not enough back pressure, so that was not causing my stalling issue.
What I did find out from reading the FAQ folder on this site was there is a problem with corroding wire splices in the wires behind the power distribution box, so I removed the old rotten tape and immediately found a Very bad splice. I soldered in new wires and re taped. and took it for a good long drive and NO stalling Ya Hooo..
Thank You Very Much for the advice in the Tech folder.

Last edited by fluidp; 02-02-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Quick Reply: 32 code?