1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

89 power window switch AND manual questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Kafka45
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 89 power window switch AND manual questions.

I need to replace only (I hope) the drivers side power window switch. Can I pop it out without taking off the whole door panel? It looks like it would pry out, but.......... (see pics)..

and obviously I'm NOT very handy.....

and on a different topic... Is there any difference between the CD OEM service manual and the actual printed one besides the paper? Its $31 for a CD and the best I can do on ebay is $38.50 for the very used paper edition. I figure I can always print out the pages I need from the CD but
yes, I lose the convenience of the printed manual.

thanks..

Old 07-08-2017, 01:17 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

Between my two, the CD version is a later printing; there are variances, but nothing critical. The CD notes things like 5% of the 1988 Dakotas had the I4, 95% the 3.9 V6 etc. that wasn't known when the paper manual was printed.

I rather like the CD version; it's a PDF, I can put it on my tablet, my cell phone, and print pages I need.

Also, I use Foxit reader so I can annotate my CD copy.

(But I know what you mean; sometimes I prefer paper. Hence my obtaining both copies for me for my truck.)

RwP