1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1993 5.2 No fire getting to the #3 injector?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 06:44 PM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 131 Likes on 123 Posts

It indicates the two computers are finding the same problem which may be good for narrowing it down if teh new filter does not fix the issue. I have no idea how to get closer to a specific issue on the #27 code.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:33 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by onemore94dak
It indicates the two computers are finding the same problem which may be good for narrowing it down if teh new filter does not fix the issue. I have no idea how to get closer to a specific issue on the #27 code.
That's either bad injectors, or bad wiring to the injectors.

You may need to carefully touch the ECU connector sooner than you wanted to.

The 12 and 55, don't worry; as mentioned before, the 12 is "Battery's been disconnected in the last 50 start cycles" and that'll go away.

55 is "End of Codes", so you'll always get that.

The 27 is "Injector Driver Circuit Failure" and with both ECUs doing that, it's safe it's not the actual injector driver itself *grins* but instead the wiring to/from the injector, or the injector itself. Doubled says it's two injectors doing it.

So ... time to fix the ECU connectors, and then turn around and double check ALL the connectors to the injectors.

I think that may take care of it.

As to the filter? It won't fix a 27, but at worst, you'll notice no change. (The other is that it runs better with a clean filter.)

RwP