1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Code 32...EGR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 09:46 PM
Lou Capasso
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 32...EGR?

Ok, so I have been chasing problems with my 94 Dakota 5.2 v8 ever since I had to change my intake gaskets. So far I've replaced the gaskets then the oil pressure sending unit, then replaced the egr. Was able to drive it for one day then it died again. Turned out to be the fuel pump so I replaced that. I was finally able to start it but it would idle fine in park but really rough and die when put into gear. So I just replaced the IACV. FINALLY, the truck is "drivable" but its backfiring still and still doesnt have any power.

I'm still getting a code 32 on my CEL which is for the EGR. Like I said I have already replaced the EGR. My question is, should I just try to make a plate and block off the egr? I know if I do this my CEL will still throw a code 32, I just want the truck to stop backfiring and all. ANY and all advice is very much appreciated. TIA

Old 03-11-2018, 02:25 PM
onemore94dak
Champion
Received 134 Likes on 126 Posts

Disconnect the neg battery cable for at least 5 minutes to erase the codes. I had an issue on my 94 3.9 with the 32 code. I had a very new EGR I just cleaned it put it on and then took it off and cleaned it again when the CEL came on again, the second time the code stayed gone, well I haven't had a CEL and haven't bothered to see if any codes are stored in a while. IDK why the CEL came on the first time except it being dirty. I figure I must not have gotten the connections properly connected the first time I cleaned it and when it CEL'd the 2nd time I did. I used that lube for electrical connections. Its the same as that stuff for the battery cable.

Quick Reply: Code 32...EGR?