1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

no power to fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 07:30 PM
Dan Walker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no power to fuel pump

Working on my 95 dakota with a 2.5l motor as it just quit running omw home from work.it acted like it was getting no fuel.I had to have it towed home.it will start but not stay running.THERE is no fuel pump relay no fuel control fuse..I checked the ohms for the other relays under the PCB, all pulling 69 to 79 ohms.When I try to initialize the pump from startup I dont hear the pump initilizing..so if the pump cant get power from a relay or fuse, where does the power come from? Also, if i raise the bed of the truck to access the pump and check the harness there and no power is there, where would it come from...I know that sounds redundant, but I was also thinking i could jumper power to the pump, just to make sure it was functional. Also, there is no shrader valve as there is no fuel rail...the lines run down the side of the valve cover to disappear behind the manifold..Thanks for any help...Dan

Old 04-11-2018, 10:13 AM
ragged89
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

​​​​​​I don't know how the 2.5L differs in regard to the fuel pump, but the V6 and V8 models have a dark green wire with a black stripe that passes through the bulkhead connector on the firewall and supplies power to the fuel pump. Power to the pump can also be cut by the automatic shut down (ASD) relay located in the power distribution center (PDC) box on the driver's side fender well.

To find the correct pin on the bulkhead connector (C116) as well as the ASD, download the '95 FSM from the forum stickys.

Old 04-16-2018, 01:26 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ragged89
​​​​​​I don't know how the 2.5L differs in regard to the fuel pump, but the V6 and V8 models have a dark green wire with a black stripe that passes through the bulkhead connector on the firewall and supplies power to the fuel pump. Power to the pump can also be cut by the automatic shut down (ASD) relay located in the power distribution center (PDC) box on the driver's side fender well.

To find the correct pin on the bulkhead connector (C116) as well as the ASD, download the '95 FSM from the forum stickys.
I think I recall Ralph saying in another thread that the 2.5 doesn't have the ASD. Apologies if that's incorrect, but before you go looking for a relay that doesn't exist, might check into that.

Quick Reply: no power to fuel pump