1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Fender Flares?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 10:43 PM
notactuallythatbad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Fender Flares?

I know this question has been posted like forty times probably in here, but I've scoured the internet and all I can find for my 96 sport (3.9, 5 speed, standard cab, short bed) are ones on Ebay from a 94 that look terrible for the low low price of around $500 for one or two. Now, onto my actual question. Is there anybody that might have a set and possibly collaborate on making new ones, or a mold of them, in order to make more of them? I'm not a company rep looking for parts, but just a mech that wants to customize his truck. I'm thinking of possibly making three or four styles off of the OEM mold/casting. One angular like the 98 Cherokee OEM plastic fenders, one like OEM, one like the Bushwackers I've heard so much about, and one rocket bunny esque for like the street rod trucks. Or, does anybody know of similar vehicles aftermarket ones that would fit the 1st gen with a bit of trimming to either the flares or the fenders. Maybe something off the Comanche or an S10/ Ranger. I think the closest I've found that might fit just maybe are the BUS19766 flares for an 83-92 ranger that are cut out flares. Maybe husky mud grabbers for a Ranger/ S10? If I do succeed in making a mold or fabricating flares to fit, I'll be sure to let all you guys know.

In advance,
Thank You
-notacutallythatbad

Old 06-15-2018, 07:51 AM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an original set of Bushwhackers still in the box.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:50 PM
DAHEMIKOTA
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set off of my 1993 I would let go for $100 for all four.

Quick Reply: Fender Flares?