1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Lighting issue.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 09:10 PM
Matthew Wedekind
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting issue.

I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT quad cab. She is perfect in every way, I recently managed to replace all of the bulbs on her with LED bulbs. (Except the headlights)

I experienced hyperflash with the replacement of the turn signals but that problem was easily rectified with a new flasher relay that is LED compatible.

The problem I am having is, when I turn the headlights on, the turn signal indicators on my dash lights up and stay lit. The turn signals outside work normally and flash it is just the dash turn signal indicators that are staying on.

I have tried taking the LED bulbs out of the dash turn indicators and putting the incandescent bulbs back in, however when I do that I lose the front driving/parking lights just below the headlights, turn signals work on the outside, just not the front driving/parking lights.

Any suggestions on how to rectify this, so I can have LED bulbs, inside and out would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Lighting issue.