1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Installed 2nd gen wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 10:55 AM
Drys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Installed 2nd gen wheels

I found a steal on craigslist and needed a new set all around anyways. Instead of grinding down the brake bolt, I just put a 1/4" spacer on the fronts to clear. They stick out more than I would like, but overall I am happy with the "updated" look.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:21 PM
glenlloyd
Veteran
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

They are pretty wide on the front but I don't think the 1/4" spacer makes that much difference, the 15x8 wheels are just plain wide to begin with. That said, how is the handling with the track that wide now?

It doesn't look bad but the difference between front and rear is pretty obvious. If it's ok with you though who cars, you're the owner, you're the one who drives it!

Steve

Old 12-31-2018, 04:57 PM
Drys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glenlloyd
They are pretty wide on the front but I don't think the 1/4" spacer makes that much difference, the 15x8 wheels are just plain wide to begin with. That said, how is the handling with the track that wide now?

It doesn't look bad but the difference between front and rear is pretty obvious. If it's ok with you though who cars, you're the owner, you're the one who drives it!

Steve
I might install wider spacers in the rear to even them out a little, but this truck is just an extra hauler and I only drive it less than a hand full of times each month.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:13 PM
tbugden
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks great!

Quick Reply: Installed 2nd gen wheels