1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

whats the biggest tires I can put on stock suspension and where do I get parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 11:16 AM
yermyjermy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the look I'm going for.

How much lift?

How much lift?

What size tires are these? And what size are the ones in the first pic? Looks like it's on the stuck rim, and I like that.

Really like the grey truck, even though it has a body Gap. Is this achievable on a 2wd? I understand if I lift to replace with suspension parts.

Last edited by yermyjermy; 03-02-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:51 PM
rebeltaz83
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by yermyjermy
This is the look I'm going for.

How much lift?

How much lift?

What size tires are these? And what size are the ones in the first pic? Looks like it's on the stuck rim, and I like that.

Really like the grey truck, even though it has a body Gap. Is this achievable on a 2wd? I understand if I lift to replace with suspension parts.
They both have body lifts. The suspension looks stock on the blue one. IFS is the hardest to lift because you basically have to cut drop and weld everything the control arms are attached to. Otherwise it adds too much stress to the ball joints, control arm bushings. A body lift is about all you can do with a 2 wheel drive. A suspension lift for 4x4 with IFS is around $2g last time I looked and that was for gen 2. The 4x4 have torsion bars also, not coil springs. Unless you come up with a homemade lift for the front, a suspension lift is a no go. Unless you do a solid axle swap, Wich is gonna cost more than the truck is worth, and allot of cutting, welding. And if your off on the geometry you'll eat tires up left and right.

Last edited by rebeltaz83; 03-04-2019 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:27 PM
yermyjermy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. I like that it's stock height. Would a 2" body lift put me at awd height? Cu that's the look I'm going for, is that blue one...

what kind/size tires does it look like to you? Maybe they look familiar to you

​​​​​​

Last edited by yermyjermy; 03-02-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just do the body lift.
dont worry about body gap, alot of the companies that make the body lift kits sell gap guard kits too. A body lift can be done in half an afternoon if you have a friend to help and know what you're doing
You won't have e to spend extra money on an alignment etc.
Go wit the body lift and 31x10.5s and see how you like it.
If you feel you need more than add a 2/2 suspension lift but plan on replacing most of your steering and suspension parts at the same time for safety and having a professional alignment done.

Quick Reply: whats the biggest tires I can put on stock suspension and where do I get parts?