1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Upper control arms

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Malibu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper control arms

Hey everyone I’m having trouble locating a new upper control arm. The one currently on my 94 Dakota has stripped threads and will not hold the ball joint anymore it just keeps spinning and will not tighten. Was wondering if anyone knows where to find replacement before I tack weld to fix. Would much rather replace.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:44 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

To find new ones, first build a time machine ...

However, to find servicable USED ones, try the local bone yards or car-part.com .

Is your Dakota 2WD or 4WD? (I presume 2WD, but want to verify.)

Side note: While rebuilding, consider new bushings - I have Energy Suspension poly bushings in my Dakota, but after I rebuilt with them, I found out that the Prothane black ones have graphite impregnated into the poly to help knock squeaks down. Just a FYI. However, with over 100,000 miles and spraying with silicone every time I do an oil and filter change, the Dakota doesn't squeak.

RwP

Old 06-15-2019, 10:51 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Well ****. I just hauled my 92 off, had brand new ball joints and control arm bushings that were like a month old. Trans died and I got talked out of fixing that by my wife and kid

Quick Reply: Upper control arms