1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

blower motor issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 07:40 PM
Michael Matley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower motor issues

i have a 92 dodge dakota 3.9. i have replaced the blower motor, resistor, and heater core. Now i have checked power at the resistor, the blower motor, the plug for the climate control module and fuse and i am getting no power. i traced the fuse wire which is black and orange for fuse 1,2,3 and it goes to the ignition switch and theres no power going to that wire either. i just replaced the ignition switch and still getting no power to that particular wire but i noticed the ignition switch ring light stays on no matter what.... anyine have any ideas cuz im lost at this point.

Old 02-02-2021, 10:01 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 372 Likes on 343 Posts

So you're saying the black/orange wire has no power even with the ignition turned on?

I'd say you have a bad ignition switch then, unless the fuse in the PDC (E and C possibly; I bet C, but am not sure from pages 8W-37 and -38 in the factory service manual.)

Wait ...

Page 8W-46 says it's the pink/black wire, which is fed by fuse/fusible link E, the 50A one.

Now.

As to the ignition ring light - it may be a hung time delay relay or a door switch that's acting up.

Is it the ONLY light that stays on, or does the dome and the (if you have it!) passenger foot well light stay on also?

RwP

Quick Reply: blower motor issues