1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1993 Dakota Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 02:03 PM
snickram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Dakota Speakers

I'm trying to figure out what speaker options I have for my Dakota, I was going to get everything from Walmart and go with pioneer and possible get an amplifier? I like the stock look so the stock radio will remain. I need door speakers which I believe are 5 1/4 and rear speakers that are 5x7 or something like that? Does anyone know what size I need for the rear and where's the best place to purchase speakers? Someone said crutchfield, but I don't care to spend that much. I just want a better sounding system I'm not trying to blow my ear drums up. Please tell me what you've done, I would greatly appreciate the advice. Thank-you...

Old 03-19-2006, 05:39 PM
sayitMoPaR
Default RE: 1993 Dakota Speakers

You can go to http://www.crutchfield.com they have a link "what fits my car" click on that link and type in your truck and year and it will give you a list of speakers that will fit in your truck. Hope that helps.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:24 PM
bionic4.0
Professional

i got 5.25 from crutch witch they said fit and they have a gap and i was only able to get 2 screws in

Old 03-23-2006, 03:50 AM
makericerscry

i happpened to have 6x8 from my explorer and i got em in the back and doors without cutting. the door has a funny bracket in a triangular hole so i imagine you can fit 6x9s as well. my sugestion though for the best sound is 6x9s in the back and 6.5s (round speakers for tight bass and bigger for a little lower bass) in the doors. Crutchfeild doesn't always have the logical choices. if you run an amp besure to tighten them down good, maybe even put some thin weather strippng on where the touch the metal. i had the 3 way pioneers run off a 600watt rockford amp (i know it's overkill but thats what i had) if you set the amp just perfect it'll sound like you have a sub. definatly a good choice. if you decide you want to blow your eardrums though i'll tell you how i fit 2 15s in the back!!!!

Old 04-07-2006, 07:59 AM
moparmanewulm

i have the same year truck and i have 6.5" componants in the front doors. only place i could find for the crossover was under the dash. as far as rear speakers go i have 6.5 back there to but only 2 screws holding them in place. just make sure the top side of the speaker will clear the opening thats there. i had free spacer/mount changing brackets and that help clear the opening. if you ever want a sub and you have a standard cab go with a 10" sud or 12" sub at or around 1 cubic foot for box space. and it will have to be sealed in less you put it behind the passanger seat. ported would fit behind the driver seat if you want you belly rummin the the stearing wheel. personaly i would get a aftermarket deck. the sound will be better pluse run new wire the the spearkers all around. that will help with better sound to.

Old 04-07-2006, 08:00 AM
moparmanewulm

And if you want a sub box for 2 12" subs i have one build for my truck that i am not using. its sealed. built for 12" infinitys that i had stolen. box is fine though.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:09 PM
kscheffer

what me and help from my bro did (we got extended cab 93 le) and we took the little tool box deal thing from under the back seat things and we measured it and built a box the same size and we put two 8 inch mtx roads in it and put a steel grill ofver it just in case its also got a 650 pioneer amp we still got the four original speakers too prolly gonna change those for pioneers from wall mart but it sounds pretty good a bit too much low end but my head unit dual cheapo from rex electronics has an equalizer

Quick Reply: 1993 Dakota Speakers