1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 06:49 PM
BajaDak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think?

Alright guys, lookin for some serious mods for my Dak. i just droped a new 2.5 in my truck yesterday. Runs great, but still want somemore power. I know there is not much to buy for this motor besides maybe intake, exhaust, and a chip. But i was curious would a dodge neon 2.0 dohc work? i saw a dodge daytona with a 2.5 block clamin it had this mod. Is this possible? If so are we lookin at any other mods like wiring harnesses or anything like that. Also if you have any other things you could recommend for power please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Dakota Brad
Rookie
Default RE: What do you think?

i'd say put a v8 in, but if u want to keep the 4 cyl, i'd say turbo it, if u turbo the motor you have the rods, pistons, valves, and a bunch of other stuff would need to be changed. the 2.0L or the 2.4L dohc head will work on the 2.5L blocks but its alot of work, on www.turbododge.com theres alot of info for the 16v conversion

Old 04-11-2006, 07:22 PM
BajaDak
Default RE: What do you think?

Yeah i really want to keep it 4 Cyl becuase it weighed in at 1600 pounds its all prerunner, 4 inch flares 33's long travel suspension just want a lil more grunt without the weight, i have a 318 in the garage just not appealing right now.