1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

3 questions for 92 dakota

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 02:46 PM
bdodge_445
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 questions for 92 dakota

my first question is about the back brakes, they don't work at all and my ABS and brake lights aqre on. I'm told that this is a common problem with the first gen dakotas, but nobody has ever told me the solution. If anyone has any idea as to why they dont work I would love the help. Also my truck doesn't like to start right away, when I bought it, it would start without turning over more than 2 or 3 times. Now it takes about 15 times before it will fire. I changed the fuel filter thinking it's not getting enough gas, but that didn't help. I even tried just turning my key on to pump fuel into the system before I try to start it, but that only works2 out of 10 times. and my last question is about my gas guage, it works when the tank is full then the needle dances around after about 20 miles on the tank, after about 25 miles it doesnt work at all, then after about 80 miles on the tank it twitches a little bit. i have no idea what to do please help. thanks

Old 05-02-2006, 12:35 PM
xxelfxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3 questions for 92 dakota

maybe try changing spark plugs or plug wires u could also have bad injectors.. i have the same problem with the gas gauge im thinking it is a float and when it isnt full it bounce up and down whyll the fuel is splahing around because if it is parked it reads correctly.

Quick Reply: 3 questions for 92 dakota