1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

big block dakota swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 05:55 AM
zski3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big block dakota swap

I am looking into doing a big block conversionin my 93 Dak. I have located all the "hardware" thru schumachers, but am wondering if anyone has done this and might have some advice to the electronics side of the swap or any problems I have to look forward to. Thanks all.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:21 AM
dodgedakotacrazy
Professional
Default RE: big block dakota swap

your either going to have to EFI the motor or gut the wiring and make it mechanical. 93 will be a harder swap to do.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Ryathis
Rookie

hopefully, if your not faced with any inspections or emissions stuff, u can just carb it for simplicity. I love fuel injection myself but unless ya got a whole donor vehicle thats complete motor and wire harness wise, itd be a pain in the u know what.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:50 PM
92 ttbb dakota

My 92 dakota has a 400 bigblock in it right now the schumacher kit was high in price but its worth it. one of the things you can do is with the exhaust I got a cheap set of dynomax long tube headers from o'reillys, the driver side fit fine, just a littlehammering with a ball pein hammer by the steering shaft. The passenger side though had to be cut on all four tubes, bent , and rewelded, this is cheaper than the tri-y's from schumacher.if you need to know anything else justask. Im currently taking out the heater box and other unneeded stuff.

Quick Reply: big block dakota swap