1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Lifting question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 05:42 PM
TheGunther
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifting question

Hey all, I have a 95 Dakota club cab with the 5.2 V8. I wasn't planning on doing much to it because I had intentionally got it to tow my jet ski. However, I am wanting to fix her up and make her pretty.

I would like to know what the easiest way to lift the truck, and can it be done by myself. Anyone have a good write up with pics to go with it.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Arcaporale
Amateur

Originally Posted by TheGunther
Hey all, I have a 95 Dakota club cab with the 5.2 V8. I wasn't planning on doing much to it because I had intentionally got it to tow my jet ski. However, I am wanting to fix her up and make her pretty.

I would like to know what the easiest way to lift the truck, and can it be done by myself. Anyone have a good write up with pics to go with it.
Check out the FAQ section. You didn't specify if its 2 or 4wd, but your options are pretty limited either way. If its a 4x4 the easiest way is a 2" torsion key and add a leaf for the rear plus a 2" body lift.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:11 PM
TheGunther

Its the 2wd. I browsed the FAQ and and saw some of the posts about body lifts, but am unsure about what it means to add a spacer to the steering shaft. Thats why i was wondering if anyone had a specific DIY thread on body lifts with detailed pics and whatnot. Thank you for the reply, Ill post a pic of my truck tomorrow

Old 10-09-2012, 01:47 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes you can do a 2in body lift. Which the spacer is just a piece of metal pipe the same size as the steering intermediate shaft which you would cut and weld that in between to extend the shaft.

For the front suspension get 2 - 1in coil spacers per side. For the rear get an Add A Leaf kit. 2in suspension + 2in body = 4in lift for under $200.

Quick Reply: Lifting question