1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

A Few Things

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:51 PM
George4x492DD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Few Things

Hello I am new to this forum and was hoping someone could help me.
I just bought a '92 Dakota V6 4WD Ext Cab Auto for $1500. It has 236K miles original miles. After driving it a few miles I noticed that my oil pressure gauge was reading low and the oil light started flickering at idle speed. I changed oil & filter and added aqt of Lucashoping it would go away but it didn't. I planto check the oil sender (when I can find it) and replace that. Have I missed anything? If I have to replace the engine, can a V8swap bepossible? What would I need?

Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 AM
OneBadKota
All Star
Default RE: A Few Things

I would drop the oil pan and make sure the pickup isn't clogged and everything in the pan looks good.

As for the V-8 swap, it'd be a little more difficult to keep the 4WD, I personally would just swap it to a 2wd and drop in the 8. As for what you would need... alot. It depends on what purpose the truck would serve(daily driver, etc.)

Old 07-23-2007, 01:11 PM
George4x492DD
Default RE: A Few Things

Thanks for the reply. I didn't get to check my e-mail in a while but if I have any more problems I will drop the pan. Since I posted above, I replaced the oil sender and so far the light hasn't come on and the oil gauge reads a steady mid-range pressure. It isn't making any noise so I guess its ok for now.

Quick Reply: A Few Things