1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Taking of the door panel in 98 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:32 PM
DarkTru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking of the door panel in 98 Durango

I know this may come up with a simple ansewer, but I was just wondering how do you take off the door panel on the rear doors? I know where all the screws are that are there, but there's one hinge that's under the black plastic by the window. I'm guessing you have to take that off somehow, but how does that come off? I already broke off the part that is under the black part trying to replace a speaker the last time, so I don't want to break the other one off.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Ammo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Taking of the door panel in 98 Durango

I'm assuming you are talking about the metal arm that is connected to the door handle. That metal arm is slips into a small plastic coupling and you should be able to turn it slightlyto lift the arm out of the coupling,with little ease. It's located directly at the door handle and you may need to squeeze your arm in there to get to it. Other than the screws, the only other items connected to the door is the wiring harness for opening/closing the window, wich are also coupled together. The doorhas "tabs" that fit into openings, butwhen lifting the door panel they should slide right out.

Quick Reply: Taking of the door panel in 98 Durango