1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durango with remote/alarm

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Wampuskitty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durango with remote/alarm

When we bought our 02 Durango R/T, it already had aftermarket (Viper) remote start and alarm. Worked. Had it about a week adn went to use remote start, it started then it died. It tried it 2 more times. It will try it three times or unless you push the buttons again to stop it. What could have went haywire? There has got to be a kink or something somewhere, bc as for the alarm, you push the lock button once, it locks it. Push it again to set alarm. We were coming out of store the other day, my boy went to open his door before I could unlock it, the door opened but set off the alarm. So I guess it didnt lock it. I have been checking to make sure the doors are locked before I leave it. I dont like the fact that when you drive, after 15mph it locks all doors (thats ok) but when you park, you have to manually unlock them. If just getting out driver side, it opens, but you come back to truck to get in passenger, hitting unlock doesnt unlock, you have to lock them all by lock button then unlock for it to unlock all doors, and that, with toting 4 boys, is a bit nervewracking. I think something had to be installed incorrectly bc all of Vipers systems, the remote start is done by the * button. Mine, you have to push the lock and unlock button at same time. It was installed in Anchorage, Alaska, so I cant just go to where it was installed. And also bc the man we bought it from (only owner) had ALL paperwork, down to every oil change, papers from the recalls being taken care of, even the window sticker from origianl buy in 02, the only thing he didnt have was Viper paperwork...hmmm...Is it better to have this system gone through or to have it removed and new one installed??

Old 05-03-2007, 07:22 PM
03rango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Durango with remote/alarm

I would remove that system and get a new one. Or just check the wiring on it. Also, the 15 mph and lock thing is normal on my 03 Durango. It frustrates me when I have people in the back who want to get out but can't until I let them, or they manually unlock their own door. I'm never back there, so I don't really care about it. Your just having all sorts of problems with your D huh? Good luck to you.

Quick Reply: Durango with remote/alarm