1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durango air problem fixed

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 01:10 AM
twss1862
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durango air problem fixed

I 've seen where others have had similar air problems, so I thought I would post what I found becouse there are hoses that get very hot around where they have placed the vacum hose for the air operation at the firewall. My 2000Durango would only blow through the defrost when excellorating, and when idle it would start blowing through the vents again.I talked to someone who used to work for a dealership. He told me that he would put a new air flow valve where the old one is (where the vacum line goes through the fire wall ).It is larger (and stronger I suppose ) than the original. Cost less than 10 bucks at the dealer. I bought one and put it in. Had to go by the auto parts store for vacum hose adaptors for it all to fit. Once I had it all together, I slid my hand down the vacum hose toward the firewall and found that the hose had a hole melted into it where it laid against another.Becouse the vacum hose laid against the hose whenthe truck was idle there wasn't enough vacum for the leak to cause a problemuntil I would give it gas.I cut the hose at the hole andused one of the adapting pieces to splice it together. Now it works fine.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Durango air problem fixed

Good stuff thanks for the info and welcome to the forum!

Old 05-05-2007, 04:25 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Durango air problem fixed

Welcome!

IndyD

Quick Reply: Durango air problem fixed