1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

p0123 code

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:25 PM
highest
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0123 code

Ok guys, ..

I was just reading the boards, I am new and also new to cars (fixing) and saw how to get you codes from the car by turning key on off etc....

This morning paid for a diagnostics to see why my check engine light was on and it had a code P0121 so we changed the TPS, being that I was in a super rush I told the guys I will bring car back to shop in mornming to have them reset the code... So after reading the boards I tried to see the code my self and this time P0123 is now showing ??? Is this because the car still thinks I have the old TPS in or does this new code point to a new problem or they screwed something up.... any help is apprecaited...

Old 05-31-2007, 12:00 AM
orlandozfreak
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: p0123 code

SYMPTOM
P0123-THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR #1 HIGH

WHEN MONITORED
With the ignition on. Battery voltage greater than 10 volts .

SET CONDITION
Throttle Position Sensor voltage at the PCM is greater than 4.5 volts for 0.7 of a second . One Trip Fault.

POSSIBLE CAUSES
[ul][*]Throttle position sensor sweep [*]Intermittent condition [*]Throttle position sensor[*](K22) TP sensor #1 signal circuit shorted to battery voltage [*](K22) TP sensor #1 signal circuit open [*](K22) TP sensor #1 signal circuit shorted to the (K7) 5-volt supply circuit [*](K4) sensor ground circuit open [*]PCM[/ul]

my suggestion would be to either
[ol][*]disconnect battery ground for 10 seconds, hit brake pedal several times to make sure system is drainged of power (should clear codes)[*]disconnect the PCM (lil box on the drivers side of engine bay with 4 plugs in it), unplug all the plugs and leave unplugged for at least a minute[/ol]that should clear the code, verify the code was cleared by plugging everything back in, and doing the key cycle code retrival, if the ODO reads "P done" start the truck, if the code comes back instantly, go back to the shop, and tell them to fix there mistake, because they messed something up

otherwise you should be safe and it may be a result of the new TPS (they may have not disconnected the battery when they replaced the TPS)

Quick Reply: p0123 code