1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Doors won't stay locked!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 10:42 PM
tgc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors won't stay locked!!!

Does anybody have any thoughts as to why the doors on my 1999 Durango will not stay locked?

This problem comes and goes. I lock the doors and while and after a while (30 sec to a couple of minutes) they all unlock. Sometimes they keep trying to unlock as I am driving down the road.

Thanks

Old 09-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Doors won't stay locked!!!

Perhaps your door ajar button is stuck... ? I believe if it thinks your doors are open, it'll unlock them. Is the door ajar light on on the dash?

~Amanda

Old 10-06-2004, 11:26 AM
HellRazor

I have a 2001, which while driving down the road kept clicking unlock. After a friend and I looked high and low for a faulty relay we almost gave up when finally I tracked the clicking to a black box behind the front left kicker panel (down by the drivers feet.) There are several plugs that plug into this brain / multiple relay box. I unplugged the wire that made the auto-unlocking stop. Along with that I lost headlights, windshield wipers and AC I think. I left it like that from Monday-Friday. On Saturday I plugged it back in to start tracking down the problem, low and behold, it was fixed. It never happened again. I think it may have had some moisture in there.

Old 10-07-2004, 02:14 PM
kay1330
Rookie

I don't know too much about it, but I would maybe suggest researching what the ctm does. When the dodge dealer replaced mine the only thing that did change on my Durango was that the doors locked when I reach 10-15mph. It did not do this before we had a new ctm put on, so I am assuming it does have something to do with the door locks. New ctm installed cost us $368. Good Luck

Quick Reply: Doors won't stay locked!!!