1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

SOS!! My Air Compressor

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 08:16 AM
JaymZz
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOS!! My Air Compressor

just before 4 days i recieved my2002 durangofrom the dealer, after i took it for the 60,000 service, i told them that the A/C is hot in the afternoon (we have a hot summer!) they changed the gas for me, and cleaned the condenser.. so its cold now, not that much but better than before, but theres a NOISE comes out whenever i'm on the idle and the A/C is switched on, theres no sound from out side, only you can hear it inside!
i took it back to the dealer they told me its maybe the compressor gone bad and its need to be changed, and it costs around 800$!

but i really dont trust th dealer, the air is cold! isnt maybe the blower?? any other small issue??

Old 06-06-2007, 02:35 PM
cirazno415
Default RE: SOS!! My Air Compressor

what kind of noise...does it sound like that irritating noise from dumb and dumber (in the car after mocking bird song)? If it is...then your system got overfilled and should go away after a while (ac running). When my cuzncompressor went bad, nothing blew out.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:00 AM
JaymZz
Amateur
Default RE: SOS!! My Air Compressor

a noise like.. umm.. i dunno really, it goes away when you switch off the compressor, and it gets back again when you turns it back on, it only make noise when the car is on idle...
you only can hear it from inside the car, from out side it looks normal!

Quick Reply: SOS!! My Air Compressor