1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Hyperprogrammer

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hyperprogrammer

Welp, I got my hyperprogrammer and set the tuning for 93 octane to see how my D runs with this new programming. So far, I can tell the D responds much better. When giving it some gas, the D runs smoother somewhat. But powerwise, I cannot really tell. I guess you need much more hp increase to really feel the difference. Butdo notice the D reacts much quicker on throttle response. Right now, I am monitoring to see if the tuning will give me better gas mileage. I will not change my driving habits but usually I stay light on the pedal.

I know before the programming, and observing the computer display, I been getting around 11.5-12 mpgdriving in DFW. I'll update this thread after a couple of weeks to see if I can see a increase in MPG.

Later, I will retune it again for regular 87 octane (if gas starts to go up again) and then observe the MPG and see if I can tell how much less power generated by my D when running in this mode.

Just FYI, my engine is perfectly in mechanical running condition. So if you plan to get aprogrammer to tune your D, please make sure you have your engine tuned up and running perfectly to geta realistic result from the programming to know if you gain or lose performance.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:55 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Hyperprogrammer

Cool. Nice buy for your rig. I am interested in finding out your info before I buy. There are2 ways to go with this type of upgrade. The programers or a PCM upgrade. Not sure which way I want to go.