1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Rattling noise and other things...Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Al
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise and other things...Help!!

I have a 99 D. Have installed new Mopar BrakePadsthat ran me $60, rotors are 1yr old, had upper and lower ball joints installed. The problem is when driving on a Chicago street full of potholes or patches there's a rattling noise cuming from the passenger side wheel. After installing the brakes this weekend it seems like it quiet down, but theres still some rattling, someone metioned to me that its the inner and outer tie rods, so I purchased some Moog ones but not installed them. Can the rattling really come from the tie rods or can it be something else?

I also notice when I tighten the pins for the caliper there isnt anything really holding the caliper to the knuckle, just the rubber sleeves over the pins. Is this the way they're suppose to be?

Now my sterring wheel is acting up a bit. The buttons that control the stereo and volume went out, they started once in a while not working, I had totilt the steering wheel up and down for them to work till one day they stopped. The horn is now doing the same, it wont work unless I tilt the wheel all the way up. Is there a way I can fix it or do I need to take my D in and get it repaired?

I'll appreciate any help...
THANKS!!

Old 07-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Rattling noise and other things...Help!!

1. Sometimes the noise can be the center hubcap on the wheels. Mine rattles sometimes when I hit bumps.

2. Replace the clock spring on your steering wheel to address your controls on the steeting wheel intermittently working.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Al
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not the wheel cap, checked it already.

Where do I find the spring clock or is thata job for a mechanic?

This is getting frustrating

Old 07-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

clock spring is located in the steering wheel. you will have to remove the airbag to get access to the clock spring I think.

Quick Reply: Rattling noise and other things...Help!!