1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Uncontrolable acceleration??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 03:47 PM
kay1330
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uncontrolable acceleration??

Anyone have problems with their Durango accelerating all on it's own? Well to top off my already lousy day, my husband just experienced this. So I did some investigation, this happens quite a bit. Thank God it did not happen like some of the complaints I have read. Eventually the brakes did work for my husband, but not at first. I have read others that the brakes did not work and they had to slam it into park and shut down the vehicle to get it to stop..Oh my god, this thing is a death trap. Does someone have to die due to this LEMON of a vehicle before Dodge will do something. How can I sell this death trap to someone else knowing what I know.???? I won't drive this ever again.

Old 10-08-2004, 06:53 PM
rockadaous
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Uncontrolable acceleration??

it sounds like the TPS. does it accelerate or just won't shift gears? also check your TB (throttle body linkage) Instead of throwing it into park and trash'n your transmission. put it in neutral and use your emergency brake. I'm quit sure you might not have a whole lot of time to react, but could save you some money.....

Quick Reply: Uncontrolable acceleration??