1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

A/C issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Frankyoz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C issue

Where to begin, well to make a long story short I had an idiot related to me reverse the jumper cables while giving me a jump not to long ago. So of course being the unlucky person that I am it fries my PCM. So after a small loan I get the PCM up and running again to find my A/C wont work. The fuse for the Horn and A/c clutch keep popping, and I can smell ozone. So I get a few ideas and disconnect my aftermarket alarm, thinking it might have an something to do with the horn and the alarm. Anyway the A/C works but the flashers and horn wont stop going. So I have the alarm completely removed, since living in AZ during this time of the year A/C is more important than the alarm. Well now the A/C still doesnt work and no alarm. So I do some more investigating, relays all check out, and the high pressure by pass trick doesnt work A/C clutch still wont kick on, but the fuse isnt blowing either anymore, and I cannot find a ground or short in the loom. Any options besides having the compressor and clutch replaced? I'm worried that it is a wiring issue and if I do that I'll flush 500 down the drain on a replacement.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:17 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: A/C issue

Have your idiot's homeowners insurance policy pay for the repairs. Then take it to the dealer for full service/correction. Just like had he accidently thrown a rock through your window, he accidently damaged your truck, thus the insurance could be used to file a claim. In the end, you are not the one responsible, but may pay unfortunately.

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: A/C issue