1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Auxiliary Pump ?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:21 PM
thrill15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxiliary Pump ?????

Hi again to the group. I have a new problem where engine collant is leaking out of the rear left portion of the engine. It actually leaks from what was told to me is the auxilary pump.Has anyone ever replaced this part? What does it do?

It looks to me that it only leaks when the car is turned off, never while it is on idle.

By the way, thank you for everyoone who helped me diagnose my rear heater core problem I had. That problem is fixed!!!

Thanks to all.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:49 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Auxiliary Pump ?????

Thrill:

The Aux Coolant pump helps get coolant the rear heater core. I believe I read that it onlyrunswhen theD is going 17mph or less. This pump leaking is a common issue. The ACP on my 01 died a similar death. It began with a small puddle behind the right front tire after parking overnight, then the puddle got bigger and bigger.

I had the dealer do it since I have an extended warranty. The part was $125 and they charged another $170 to install it which I understand takes less than a half hour.

Try looking on Ebay as I think you can do better on the price.

Don

Old 08-07-2007, 09:25 PM
thrill15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Auxiliary Pump ?????

Thanks Don. I just replaced and it took about 20 minutes. Well, with a new rear heater core and a new auxiliary pump, I hope i don't experience any more coolant leaking anywhere. I will let everyone know after a few days.

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Pump ?????