1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

AC blows cold in front warm in rear

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007 | 01:28 PM
ceedeelight
Default AC blows cold in front warm in rear

Hi,

I have done a search on the forum and I haven't seen anyissues exactly like mine.

My 2002 Dodge Durango SLT blows cold air in the front and warm air in the rear passenger area. What is this issue? Can anyone help a lady out?

Thanks,

Old 08-16-2007 | 01:59 PM
Lil Red Mopar
Rookie
Default RE: AC blows cold in front warm in rear

Could be a bad expansion valve in the rear evaporator, or air bleeding by the rear heater core.

Old 08-23-2007 | 08:44 AM
thefoots

I sort of had the same problem. On the passenger side, you can remove the interior body panel to access the housing that carries the rear heating and cooling air. There are 2 servos that open dampers that direct air from the heating core or from the AC system. The doors have been breaking alot lately. How you can tell if it is broken is that there is a small tab (white) where the servo attaches to the door. This tabs breaks off when the door breaks. I was able to get a new one at my dealer but he made me buy the whole housing ($112). I could not find one at the junk yard. Another thing to check is underneath the Durango on the passenger side right at the back you can see 4 pipes coming in. 2 should be hot when you run the heater. 2 should be cold when the AC is running. If you run the truck and these dont change temps, then there is a problem with the front system. Hope that this helps.

Old 12-03-2007 | 12:14 PM
ceedeelight

Update: Just in case anyone else has this issue, Once I got the Timer and alarm module replaced, the A/C is now working correctly.

Quick Reply: AC blows cold in front warm in rear