1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Need help 2000 dodge durango 5.9L

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Vaylgar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help 2000 dodge durango 5.9L

I need help please and fast , I purchased a used 2000 dodge durango 5.9L a few months ago and the back speakers were already blown, now my driver side front blew and I went and purchased a set of Sony Xplode and a set of Luminous by Duel for the neato blue LED lights on the speakers , anyhow my question is this , I have the speakers installed fine and working however I have hit 1 roadblock with the 2 front DUel Luminous LED speakers, there is no 12v supply going to the door and im not cutting my factory wiring harness to get one , im purchased some expensive speaker wire by Monster and I need someone to help me find a good location to attach this power souce wire too im running , I want the power if possible to go off when I turn the durango off like my radio and if i turn on "ACC" on the ignition it will come on with the radio as well and I really dont want to have a 8 hour job just to run 2 12v power wires 1 to each speaker . Can someone please help with a known location of a good place to attach these wires without cutting up my wiring on the truck???

Old 09-08-2007, 10:55 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: Need help 2000 dodge durango 5.9L

cant have your cake and eat it too man.. wouldnt be hard to run the power source tho.. all you need is ONE wire to each door.. then use the door as the ground.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Vaylgar

so your suggestion is to run it right to the battery and let the lights run 24/7 huh? hmmm ill pass, now if there are really any people out there with a real suggestion I would really appreciate it , I still havent figured out what im going to do with this , I need a way to run this power so I can cycle it on and off with the ignition.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Vaylgar

so your suggestion is to run it right to the battery and let the lights run 24/7 huh? hmmm ill pass, now if there are really any people out there with a real suggestion I would really appreciate it , I still havent figured out what im going to do with this , I need a way to run this power so I can cycle it on and off with the ignition.
If you installed the audio system yourself, you should be able to hook this up no problem. Just as you said in your last post, just splice power off the ignition power lead that feeds your deck and feed your LED's on your speakers. This will be controlled by your key ignition like you said. But you will have to figure how to run the wiring to the door panel. That is something beyond my expertise.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:24 AM
Vaylgar

your not understanding I didnt install a radio , all my speakers but one blew for some reason , no idea why, all I am doing is instaling some new speaks 3 of which have Blue LED lighting , which ive installed into the front door panels, but I need an additional power source for those to run only when the truck is running , and I dont know where to get this power source from , if i had done the radio then yes I would , but I dont want to cut any of the orginal wires becuase im worried about it screwing something up.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Kensai
Champion

First question then, are you electrically inclined? If so, the easiest way to tap power from ignition switch would be from the fuse block. Find the radio fuse and then tap power from there. If you can trace the speaker harness on how it gets run thru the door, you can problaby feed the power wire using the same path. That's all I can tell ya at this point as I have not attempted to run power thru the door before.

I am planning to buy some of those nice long LED runner lights I saw at Walmart fairly cheap and use them to luminate my running boards at night. Will tie them in with the door switches so when a door is open, the LED's will light up my running boards.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Vaylgar

yes I am electronicly inclined not master but I do unerstand the workings of it , I did think of maybe doing that however I am still woundering how to tap into the fuse block itself. its in a rather akward placement and really dont want to try removing it fromt he dash becuase it looks like it would be a super nightmare, you by chance know a easy way to tap from the fuse block with a 16 ga wire i bought specificly for this so its good wire and protected.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Kensai
Champion

Here is an adaptor that you can buy to tap power from the fuse block without messing with the wiring on the block itself. Very simple.

Here is the link: http://www.bussmann.com/6/BladeFusesandAccessories.html

They don't show pricing, but at least this picture will lead you to find this type of adaptor you are looking for. Just connect this to the radio fuse as that supplies power to the radio by key ignition.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:20 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used one of those for my cb.

Quick Reply: Need help 2000 dodge durango 5.9L