1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

coil over shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:56 PM
martelb3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coil over shocks

hey guys and gals, ive got a few questions.

first off does anyone know if there are any good coilover shocks for a 2000 4wd D and if so how much they would cost.
secondly I have a body lift ordered right now and I was wondering if putting some bigger shackles in the back and then cranking the torsion bars in the front was a good idea as far as saftey and handling goes.
Finally I want to upgrade the exhaust. What brand do your recomend for the most preformance enhancment. and if i just wanted it to sound better would putting a cherry bomb on instead of the stock muffler do the trick?

Thanks for any help you have.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:42 AM
martelb3
Default RE: coil over shocks

anyone???

Old 10-07-2007, 10:38 AM
deerang
All Star
Default RE: coil over shocks

as far as coil over shocks, are concerned, you arent going to be able ot put any on. Coil overs have a spring and shock combined. If you're looking for new shocks, check out
https://dodgeforum.com/m_986754/tm.htm

As for your body lift, if you want a little more lift, you can crank the T-bars and add shackles, however just remmeber that you've raised your centre of gravity quite a bit, so take it easy in the corners or you're gonna destroy tires, and have a lot more roll. Raising your vehicle WON"T make it handle any better, infact the opposit, won't make it safer (except maybe a head on w/ a small car), and will make yourride stiffer.

as far as exhaust goes, read up here https://dodgeforum.com/m_991638/tm.htm

Quick Reply: coil over shocks