1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

vibration in rear

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 06:34 PM
dodgeluvnhubby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration in rear

hey everyone , ive got a 2001 dodge durango 4.7 , 119,000 miles just got it a few months ago , its always had a vibration in the rear end some where , always around 40 to 55 mph , brand new tires , all have been balanced twice , just put new wheel bearings n hubs in front end along with new rotors drums n brake pads all around , but still has that slight vibration , any one have any ideas . thanks mike

Old 11-11-2007, 09:49 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: vibration in rear

DLH:

Have you checked the U joints?? With those kind of miles, you could have one on the way out which could cause that issue. If you can, be a bit more specific. Is the vibration present at lower speeds?? If so, does it get better or worse when you make turns???

BTW, if your axles and transfer case have not been serviced, now is a good time to do it. This should be done every 30k.

Don

Old 11-12-2007, 04:08 PM
dodgeluvnhubby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: vibration in rear

yeah i forgot that i had the U joints replaced , its there all the time , on the gas or off ,more noticable when u get up to speed nice an easy , if u put it to the floor u dont feel it till u let off , but it always starts around 40 and is worse at 55 , dont notice it as much above 60 , and i seem to cruz around the 40to 55 mph so its always there annoying , but thanks for the suggestion , ive put about 5,000 miles on it with this problem and nothing has gone wrong yet , just have to narrow it down to something , proably just something simple . thanks again

Quick Reply: vibration in rear