1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

can anyone tell if this computer is for an r/t

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 08:18 PM
neonracer1010
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone tell if this computer is for an r/t

Here are the numbers on the computer in our 03 r/t it had a different computer put in it and it doesnt feel the same
is this an r/t computer or one out of a regular durango?? p56040482ab

Old 11-17-2007, 10:12 AM
dodgebrothers
Veteran
Default RE: can anyone tell if this computer is for an r/t

Sorry I can't tell by numbers. However, I can tell you that when I had to replace my computer in my '99 5.9 D it has never run as well since...unfortunately. My understanding is the re-manufactured/replacement computers are "de-tuned" in order to meet current emission standards. Mine runs at about 70% of what it did. I'm frnakly considering a hyper chip or something to wake it back up.

Hope this helps for whatever it is worth? Good luck

Old 11-18-2007, 04:01 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dodge I would go with a B&G flash to really wake it up. I don't imagine the Hypertech will even get it back to where it was before the swap.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:16 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

regardless of what was on there in the past, the hypertech program will always be the same... in other words, if you have a B&G flashed comp, stock comp and an r/t comp (if it exists) and put a hypertech program on each, you'll get the same results from your truck.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
durangeddurango
Professional

just for grins i googled that part number,first 3 listings were in russian but the fourth came across with a hit on that number. click on that link when the pages comes up(there is also a ebay popup that comes up and comes up you will see it you have to close it or it takes up half the page)scroll down and all the numbers are listed for sale and what wrecking yard has them worldwide...real cool site! but any way it came up as 03 -5.9 computer didn't say anything else.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From my personal experience using the hypertech programmer, you can definitely feel the power improvement compared to stock. I had my pcm re-flashed from oem dealer as well when it was still under warranty and they claim it was to address something, I think it was emissions, but since then, it did not ran quite the same. Since I had the pcm flashed with hypertech, it felt much better than when it was running great before the dealer reflashed my pcm.

However, I did not feel that much difference between the regular and premium fuel performance settings.

Quick Reply: can anyone tell if this computer is for an r/t