1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Diagnostic mode stuck on

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 05:44 PM
MongoDV8
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diagnostic mode stuck on

Some history on the Durango. About a year ago the heat stopped blowing out the foot doors. Defrost still switches and heat will come out of the vents all the time. Last week the blower motor stopped working. I wish I had found these forums first to fix that issue with the resistor. We took it to the dealer ( out of warranty). They fixed the resistor. They kept it for 2 additional days diagnosing the blend door problem. They traced it to something under the dash and wanted $1,400 to tear into it and fix it. We decided it wasnt worth that much to not have it blowing on our feet and went to pick it up. The rear window defog and the AC lights are flashing constantly. They did not do this prior to having it worked on. I asked the service people and they said they put it into diagnostic mode to find the problem. Since the computer is in diagnostic loop and finding a problem that it won't come out of diagnostic mode until it is fixed.

So now my two lights flash all the time. They said those 2 functions still work ( I have not tried them). The flashing lights are an annoyance and I don't know wether they are on or not (since they flash).

I went to a second dealership and asked about it and they seem to agree with the other dealership. That it will not exit diagnostic mode until fixed.

I tried disconnecting the battery hoping it would reset but no luck.

Anyone know how I can make it stop flashing ?

Old 12-13-2007, 11:43 AM
MongoDV8
Professional
Default RE: Diagnostic mode stuck on

found this today from this site. Where can I get more detailed info on this tsb ?
https://dodgeforum.com/recalls-and-t...400502/TSB.htm

Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like you will have to contact the dealer for more info on the TSB I was looking around the net and found nothing but one site said to speak with your local dealer.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:56 PM
MongoDV8
Professional

This post refers to a similar problem with the doors. https://dodgeforum.com/m_1038548/tm.htm

In that post someone says the first gen are controlled by vaccum. The dealer told me they are controlled electrically after 2000. Who's right?

Old 12-17-2007, 11:28 AM
MongoDV8
Professional

Bump.

Anyone?

Old 12-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Radar696
Rookie

Mongo,

I don't have an answer for you but I can tell you that my 99 Durango has the same problem. Living in Michigan there are times when I would really like for all of the air pressure to blow on the front window as you may imagine! Or even on my feet too!

Anyway I sure would like a decent answer to this issue also.

I really don't like the idea of having to pull the entire dash to fix this but at the moment it still give me some control.

Good luck.

Radar

Old 08-12-2010, 12:39 PM
MongoDV8
Professional

I'm reviving this post one last time to see if there are any newer people here who might know how to cancel this " diagnostic mode "

Old 08-12-2010, 04:42 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

try to unplug the actuator motor for the directional doors, breaking the circuit might be enough to make the loop drop

you could also try disconnecting the CTM overnight and see if that is what is running the diagnostic

Quick Reply: Diagnostic mode stuck on