1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

01 durango rear heater

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:08 AM
tom hagan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 durango rear heater

maybe somebody had the problem,the rear heater is only blowing cold air , that is with the heater turned all the way up...my daughter will thank anybody with any info on it..

Old 04-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Dango85
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 01 durango rear heater

Check back through previous posts, a lot of people have discussed this, and I've conducted my own repair of this as well. It's a semi-involved repair to replace an actuator door that selects how air flows (either through the heater core, or the AC condenser). You most likely need replacement parts from a junk yard to complete the repair, which will entail a complete disassembly of the rear passenger side interior wall to get into the rear HVAC system.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:47 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 01 durango rear heater

Tom:

Before she goes too far with it,get it up to operating temp and get down under the passenger side rear corner. There you will see the coolant lines for the rear core. With the heat on full blast, check both hoses to ensure they are both hot. If so, then you have good flow and your issue will be inside under the interior pieces as described by Dango.

This problem is appearing more and more as the 01's age. The fix itself is not pricey if you DIY, but the laboe to get to the affected parts is no picnic.

Don

Quick Reply: 01 durango rear heater