1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Fitment advice........again :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Tankmonkey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitment advice........again :)

I know that some members may feel this is a worn out topic but I do have a little twist. Will
LT285/75R-16 tires fit with my torsion bars cranked and my front bumper cut? I ask because I got a ridiculous good deal on the tires but I may need to sell them if it will require too much work to install them. Has anyone even tried this yet, any helpful advice is welcomed. Thanks.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:07 PM
deerang
All Star
Default RE: Fitment advice........again :)

according to the tire conversion i used (online of course ) that works out to about a 32.8" tire diameter..

Thats a tricky size to decide.. you can get away with 32's on that much lift, but most of the time a body lift is needed to comfortably fit 33's.. and a 285 tire is wide, prolly 11.5 inches wide... I think it depends how much wheeling you're gonna do.. if you're going ot be flexing the suspension, you're prolly going to be get a lot of rubbing.. but if this is a street D with big tires for looks, you might be happy with it...

I've got a bit of sag in my Tbars right now, and my new 31s are rubbing on the bottom corner of the bumper..

if the deal is good enough, and you have some padded pockets, you can always buy them, and re-sell them if they don't work out for you..

Old 04-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Tankmonkey

Thanks for the reply, still would like to hear from someone who has already tried this. Then I would know for sure if this will work or not. I could even look into cut out fender flares. The application will be mostly street, with the occasional trip off road. Keep the replies comin, thanks Deerang.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:15 PM
deerang
All Star

I can send you a link of 32's with torsion crank fitting..

The pics arent too detailed, and what not, but its better than nothing http://www.jeepfreek.com/durangolift.htm

Old 04-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Tankmonkey

cool thanks, sweet skins! I may just take the risk and try them on, if I do I will post the results. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Fitment advice........again :)