1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

sucky acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:41 PM
vagueprophet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sucky acceleration

Hi guys and gals,

I have a 99 durango that has a terrible hesitation from 500rpm vehicle in drive not moving till 1200 rpm. I took it to two transmission shops and both swear up and down its something with the engine so I took it to the mechanic who informed me about the leaky plenum gasket. So I decided to replace it with a brand new Mopar single plane intake and at the same time took the heads to get redone. After putting everything back together it still has the same hesitation[:'(]This only happens from a dead stop. The engine runs really well in every other way. It is a 46RE. No trouble codes and Its getting to be annoying. Any help would be much appreciated. Oh ya did clean out the TB too. Manifold pressure test read good too. Thanks

Old 07-27-2008, 02:08 PM
vagueprophet
Default RE: sucky acceleration

did a fuel pressure test and it was within norm. Switched out the fuel pump anyway. Still being a pain in the butt. Owell going to try cleaning out all the emissions equipment and see what that does.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:34 PM
benb612

u check ur plugs and wires i had that prob 2 in my 200o durango check the firing order of the wires

Old 07-30-2008, 02:53 PM
vagueprophet

Ya the wires and plugs are brand new. I cleaned the Idle air sensor which was covered in oil/carbon due to a bad intake plenum gasket. It was covered. This helped alittle but I really want to pull my o2 sensor to see if it has the same carbon/oil covering it too. The hesitation was less noticable with the sensor cleaning. Is there a way to pull the o2 plug without buying the special socket?

Quick Reply: sucky acceleration