1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

p0456

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:42 PM
muffin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0456

hey guys
alright i have error code p0456.. small evap leak...i've fixed a cracked hose..replaced the gas cap...and replaced the evap soleniod...and the code came back....does anyone else have any other suggestions.
thanx for the help

Old 07-27-2008, 04:20 PM
MAGIC84
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: p0456

I ran into the same issue last summer, I wound up replacing hoses inder the the EVAP canister, fuel cap, the next step after that was replacing the line that runs from the PCV valve to the rear of the engine, on the engine side it is a blind corner in between the rear of the engine and the firewall. It is a dealer item for the hose, and if I recall it is somewhere around $8.00. I won't try to quote dealer stock,but at least in my case, the line was special order so be prepared to wait. The only thing other than that is go back to the basics. A couple of quick questionsthough.

1. ENGINE? The above info I quoted was for a 03 model 4.7L

2. How many cycles of engine starts and runs has it been since your changes? The common denominator seems to be approx 50 cycles to get the emissions system and engine computer to finally clear the code for good. I wish had better news but I don't

3. Do not overfill the tank. That seems to add to the problem.

Quick Reply: p0456