Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Dips
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you mean vacuum leak?

Old 09-12-2008, 08:54 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

They're little tubes that run around your motor. Some are used for emissions. They are black. They all have a vacuum as the motor sucks on them that allow the motor to change during its cycles from cold to hot, instrument panels, timing, elevation, and emissions.

If you get a small leak in one that could set your code. Being that you just replaced you motor you might have hit something or the hose ends might not be seated well on the fittings from time and temps. Also if you were not careful, you might have broken one of the fittings as some are just plastic. Hairline fractures. Time and heat can make connections brittel.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:22 AM
DRO318
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+2 on that as the vac lines are very important. many people take them for a joke.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Dips
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know how valuable vacuum lines are for running correctly w/ emissions and such. Im like 99.9% sure no vacuum leaks are around, and what would that have to do w/ the CTM going bad? Are the wires and all that that go into the engine compartment are like behind the brake booster. I was just wondering if changing the motor would make the CTM act all whacky on me.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:05 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I doubt that just changing the motor would do that.

I don't understand why you don't get that vacuum dosen't do anything???

But dude if you are that sure of the problem being your CTM then just replace it. We are just trying to save ya a buck.

man that's crappy, all it is; is 3 screws and 3 wire harness. How much do they charge for this? I know this is just a 15 minute job of 1 panel 3 screws, and a fat guy sitting in a chair w/ a scan tool
It sounds like you know how to do it so why are you asking?

Old 09-12-2008, 12:35 PM
DRO318
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Master of CTM

Originally Posted by Dips
Okay guys i suspect that the central timer module is has gone bad on my car? For anyone not familiar w/ this part it is a module that helps control headlights, tailights, door ajar chime noise, when your dome lights will turn on when doors open, rear windshield wiper, wiper intermitent speeds, that feature where your door locks lock auto after a certain distance, Remote Keyless Entry etc.

Now I go to school for auto mechanics, i used alldata to pull up some information about this central timer module and part of the R&R it says that you need a DBR3 scan tool to reprogram the new one that you get. Now is the reprogramming for the door lock feature and remote keyless entry? Does anyone know if u can just swap in the other one to get the headlights to work correctly and stuff.

Because as of now the headlights, taillights, cluster lights, just flicker on and off. You can hear the relay switching on and off. I know that the electrical wiring is working correctly, since they do turn on. Its also kinda weird that my Remote key doesn't work anymore, my rear wiper doesn't work anymore, the intermittent speeds don't work, my dome lights only turn on when the rear lift gate is open, my door locks don't lock anymore. This Central Timer Module is all in the wiring for all of these things. I just wanna know if i really need the scan tool to put this new part in to get my headlights working correctly because i can't drive at night w/ them flickering on and off every second.
Hey dude, from what you say it seems like you know your stuff. Your in school for this stuff, you should know that the problem is you CTM because it controls the things you are having problems with. There are two routes for you to go. 1) Go to the dealer and have the CTM professionally installed, so that you have no more issues with the CTM. 2) Witch is not advised because you may waste your hard earned money, go to the junk yard and buy some CTM out of some unknown WRECKED 2 gen dak or 1 gen "D". Good luck on the Junker method

Quick Reply: Central Timer Module Tech Question