1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Latch assembly

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Hollins2003
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latch assembly

I own a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus. I have loved my truck since the moment I pulled it off the lot. I have owned my Durango for two years now and some parts are beginning to fail....namely all the latch assemblies in the car. I have had the driver's front door replaced out of necessity. The car makes this horrible buzzing sound out of the other three doors. I took my mother out to dinner last weekend and when we got there we couldn't get the door open. I tried to manually pull up the lock and it wouldn't budge. She eventually crawled out of the drivers side front door. Thank goodness my mother is in shape. = ) Now my question, how hard is it to replace the latch assembly in the Durango? It is horribly expensive (at least to me, I am a teacher). The Dodge dealership charged me $177 to replace the one in the front drivers side door. The part alone is $76. Is this something I can do on my own? I am farily comfortable with tools, change my own oil, and not afriad of this car. I woud appreciate any advice. I really really do not want to take it back to Dodge...everytime they get near it something else goes wrong. If it isn't a good idea for me to do t his, is it something I can trust to a mechanic outside of Dodge? Thanks ahead of time!!

Old 02-06-2005, 05:30 AM
rockadaous
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Latch assembly

fairly easy task. all you have to do is pull the door. 5 screws. you will need a torx screw driver to pull the latch assy out. check out http://www.dodgeparts.com also. they sell they're latches for $60ish

hope this helps

Quick Reply: Latch assembly