1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

99 Durango Scraping Noise From Front

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Flatlander
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Durango Scraping Noise From Front

I have a 99 Drango and have been hearing (and feeling) a scraping noise from the front end. It isn't a constant noise, it usually happens after making a sharp turn or pulling out from a stop. It usually only last for a few seconds. It sounds like the front brakes scraping on the rotors. The last time I did a brake job I changed pads, rotors, and calipers and when I checked them today they still look good. The pads are good and the rotors are smooth. When it makes this noise if I step on the brake pedal it stops making the noise. Sometimes when I step on the pedal it goes away and sometimes it comes back when I let off the pedal. Everything about this noise sounds and feels like a brake problem but I can't find anything. Any suggestions?

Old 03-05-2005, 09:56 PM
qpg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 99 Durango Scraping Noise From Front

I found it unfortunate that no one has replied to you. I have had a scraping noise in my front end, sounds like breaks too, just started this week. My boyfriend took the Durango (99) today, and changed the breaks. He said my rotar had weird pits in it. Not groves, like if the pads had warn through, because they weren't. But also noticed the upper ball joint in gone, so, I'm not driving it until I can get it into the shop, so I don't know if my scraping has stopped or not, and won't for a few days.

Quick Reply: 99 Durango Scraping Noise From Front